Analytics

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Widgets

Trying to Teach No More!

For a few months now I've been randomly getting e-mails from people telling me that my blog name, "Trying to Teach" was outdated. They felt that I wasn't trying to teach at all! In fact, I had helped them teach and seemed to be doing quite well teaching myself. As a result I've contemplated changing my blog name for a bit, and I finally found a name that fits.



Here are the three reasons I like the name (number 1 is the big one)

1. I love to adapt things. I love to make things which others can adapt. I love the concept of one person's idea becoming another person's inspiration and turning into something else. I think that melting is a great analogy for this process. If I have a crayon and I think it is pretty that's great. You see my crayon you like my crayon you use my crayon. If we melt my crayon though we can mix it with other things. It becomes more flexible more transient and it can better fit more situations. That's what I want this blog to be. A place where people can see an idea and think, "Aha! I could do something like that...but different."

2. English is a great big melting pot, of other languages. I like the fact that I allude to this a little in the name.

3. The word melting has ELT in it :) I am a simple person.

I still feel like every day I am trying to teach the best I can, but I guess people are right. I shouldn't think of it as trying anymore...I am teaching, and I think I am doing it pretty well.

Thank you for your support as I make this change, though other than the name the content will pretty much stay the same. I am not usually one who will post here with epiphanies about the teaching world; I just like a place to share ideas with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting. Due to spam, your comment may not show up right away, but as soon as I get a chance to approve it I will. I promise to be as fast as possible!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...